Last updated: 23rd July 2022 – Effective as of: 01 January 2020
THIS DOCUMENT OUTLINES HOW WE WORK AS/ WORK WITH AFFILIATE MARKETERS. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
As lowkey as Affiliate Marketing may be, there’s actually quite a lot to it. And what’s more, not only do We work as Affiliate Marketers ourselves, but We also run Our own Affiliate Program too. Something You should be aware of when using this Website. So do take 5 to familiarise yourself with Our Affiliate Policy.
Got a specific questions about Affiliate Marketing? Use the menu below to get to the most relevant section of this Agreement…
The words throughout this Agreement which are (in bold) are defined & intended to be interpreted as follows. They shall also retain the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or plural forms…
Affiliate Marketing is a business model used by companies & brands to market their products to new audiences in exchange for a small fee. With the rise of the internet & popularity of social media, becoming an Affiliate Partner has become a popular way of generating an income online.
Affiliate Marketing itself is all based around links, with the core concept being to refer users to the right products & entice them into making a purchase through designated Affiliate Links. Think of it as a modern referral scheme. Something that typically produces bigger returns, the bigger the audience; Affiliate Partners with a large & engaged following will likely already just how much these small commissions can add up.
Us & this Website are registered as part of the Amazon Associates/ Influencer Program – an Affiliate Program designed to generate advertising fees through inserting Affiliate Links to Amazon.com/.co.uk/ other regional subdomains. As a member of this Affiliate Program, We earn a small commission from any Qualifying Purchase made through this Service.
At the moment this is the only Affiliate Program We participate in. Should that Change, this Policy will be updated.
Yep – We do indeed host Our own Affiliate Program, however there are a few things You should know.
The scheme is invitation only (We must stress that) – any Unauthorised Requests to join will NOT be approved. The majority of Our Affiliate Partners are hand-picked by Us, using the criteria below.
All Our Affiliate Partners must have…
Before becoming one of Our Affiliate Partners, there’s a few things You should know. All our Affiliate Partners (current, previous or potential) must be aware that…
1. – Not every Product sold via this Website will be eligible for commission. Earning potential can vary & is subject to availability + the overall quality/ frequency of an Affiliate Partner’s Promotional efforts.
2. – Our Affiliate Program is hosted & managed through GoAffPro – a third party service. By becoming one of our Affiliate Partners/ submitting any form of details to Our Affiliate Program, You understand & acknowledge that the privacy of your data will be out of the Company’s control; GoAffPro will be responsible for processing, storing & safeguarding your Personal Data.
3. – Should any Affiliate Partner wish to use any of the Artist’s official images in their Promotion, they’ll be limited to the Creatives supplied by the Company. These will be made available through the Affiliate Portal & may differ for each Affiliate Partner. Any unauthorised use of imagery without the expressed permission of the Company will be classed as a breach of Copyright.
4. – Due to the way Affiliate Marketing works, all Affiliate Partners should understand that their online influence/ following will be leveraged by the Company. By signing up, all Affiliate Partners acknowledge & consent to such practices + agree that they cannot & will not lay claim in any way to any assets of any form gained in perpetuity by the Company, Artist or any Related Parties as a direct/ indirect result of their Promotions. Such assets include, but are not limited to: PR coverage, Brand Awareness, streaming revenue, royalties (of any kind) & new career opportunities gained by the Artist.
5. – As an Affiliate Partner, their actions can impact the Company, Artist & any Related Parties + the integrity of the XtG brand, in both in a positive & negative way. By accepting the invitation to become an Affiliate Partner, they accept & acknowledge this responsibility & pledge to do their utmost best to act in the best interests of the fore-mentioned parties.
Yes – Cookies are a key part of any Affiliate Program.
Without them, there would be no way of understanding which Affiliate Partners were responsible for which sales. The Cookies used by Affiliate Programs are what’s known as Persistent Cookies & typically expire within a specified timeframe (aka the Cookie period).
Not for the customer.
Buy through an Affiliate Link & the purchaser will see no difference in price. The only cost created by any purchases through an Affiliate Link is to the company/ brand running the Affiliate Program. It’s them who will pay their Affiliate Partner a small commission, as it was their Promotions that helped ‘set up’ the sale.
e.g. Make a Qualifying Sale as a member of Our Affiliate Program & We would be the ones liable to pay the commission – not the customer.
There’s no real answer to that.
In the end the earning of an Affiliate Partner is based on the sum total/ success of their Promotions. Factors that affect this figure include: the size of their audience, the quality of the Product being sold + its level of appeal to their audience, the % of commission offered per sale, the length of the Cookie period in which commissions can be collected & so on.
The Company reserves the right, at Its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, terminate or refuse this Affiliate Policy at any time & for any reason (either permanently or temporarily) without notice or liability to You. You give the Company expressed permission to modify any part of this Policy, including other policies or guidelines which affect the Service & understand that all revisions will become effective upon their posting on the Website &/ or being distributed by email.
For this reason, it’s advised that You check this page on a regular basis to ensure You are familiar with the most recent version of this Policy. An easy way to check is the ‘Last Updated’ date at the top of this page. By continuing to access &/ or use Our Service after the effective date (stated above) signifies that You accept & agree to be bound by all Affiliate Updates. Should You NOT agree with these Affiliate Updates, in whole or in part, You should cease using this Service immediately.
NOTE: We will make reasonable efforts to provide at least 30 days’ notice prior to any Affiliate Updates taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at Our sole discretion.
If You have any questions, queries or just want to talk to Us more about Our Affiliate Policy, don’t hide – contact us. It only takes a couple of clicks! To ensure your queries reach the right person, be sure to specify your reason for getting in touch as ‘Legal’.
Wishing You all the best when using Our Service wherever You are in the world.
Stay inspired & keep dreaming!
Team XtG Music XxX